"Sour Milk Gill" Oil Painting by James Swanson

"Sour Milk Gill" Oil Painting by James Swanson
"Sour Milk Gill" From the award winning painting series.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

"Haley" Day 2 in A Dog Day Month2

When I started thinking about starting up this project this year I wanted it to be more than pretty pictures of great dogs, I wanted to paint the spirit of these great beasts.

Haley, is one of those. This brave little pup is a wonderful subject that I was looking for in this project. Since an accident as a pup, Haley has used a walker to get around. 

When I first saw the photo artist friend Flynn Gentry-Taylor I didn't realize what it was Haley had around her. When Flynn told me she had an injury at birth, she is doing water therapy and has her own walker, she lives in Alaska....I had to paint her story. She really deserves that.

Day #2 "Haley" of A Dog Day Month2
Thanks again to Flynn for sending Haley this way for my month long dog painting a day project. You can see the rest of this project at jamesswansonfineart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a good travel story and some fun and interesting pictures and we can get started on a painting journey.E mail me here with
name, place, and a few pics of the spot,and I'll get back to you.